How do I create/schedule Google My Business (GMB) posts with SocialPilot?
You can create various Google My Business posts using elements like text, links, images, and videos.
To create a post, you need to connect your social media account(s) from the Connect Account page.
- Click on 'Posts' -> Create Post from the sidebar menu.
Type in the text in the provided box.
Choosing an Image:
- Click on the Camera icon and choose an image from your desktop.
- Alternatively, you can choose an image from the site/blog link you
pastedin the text box.
- You can also upload images from your Dropbox.
Note: If you have entered the URL of a blog/site in the text box, you'll see a preview of all the images from that page.
Note: The post will be shared according to the o.g. meta tag set on the URL you use in the post.
Choosing a video:
- Click on the Video icon and select a video from your computer.
- You'll see a preview of your video where you can select a thumbnail from the options provided. (maximum 5 thumbnails will be provided)
Note: Google My Business' API doesn't support video uploads. Hence, your video will be uploaded to SocialPilot's server and a link to the video will be shared in the post.
When you click on the video, it will play in the SocialPilot page.
Your post will be published as per the defined scheduling option you selected.
Note: All your Google My Business posts will show a call-to-action (CTA) "Learn more" when published. Clicking on it will take you to the URL you have included in the post.
Hence, please ensure that all your posts have URLs.