How to re-authorize your social accounts
At times, you'll get an error:
- You are not able to connect the account with SocialPilot
- You may not be the admin of that Page or Group.
- You can't see all your Pages.
In these cases, just reconnecting that account won't help. You'll need to re-authorize that account with SocialPilot.
Re-authorize your Facebook account
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click on https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools&ref=settings
- Find SocialPilot in your connected apps list and click on the square box. Then, click on the 'Remove' button.
- Leave the checkbox unticked and then click Remove.
- Go back to SocialPilot -> Go to Connect Account > Connect Facebook Pages.
- While connecting, please make sure that you accept all access permissions we ask for and keep the App Visibility status as 'Public/Friends' instead of 'Only Me.'
You'll need to re-authorize your Facebook Group if:
- You are not able to schedule posts to your Facebook Group.
- Your posts are moving into the error tab.
- SocialPilot is asking you to reconnect your Facebook Group.
First, you will need
Then, to re-authorize SocialPilot with your Facebook Group, follow the steps given here.
Re-authorize your LinkedIn account
- Please go to your LinkedIn account.
- Click on your profile image and click on Settings & Privacy.
- Then click on Data Privacy from the left sidebar and go to Other applications
- You'll find Permitted Services. Click on Permitted Services, and here you should see a list of apps, including SocialPilot.
- Select 'SocialPilot' and click on the 'Remove' button.
Go back to SocialPilot ->
Manage Accounts -> click on the 'Reconnect' button.
Re-authorize your Pinterest account
- Log into your Pinterest account.
- Click on the profile icon in the upper right corner of Pinterest and choose 'Settings' from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on 'Apps' on the left-hand side.
A list of authorized apps should appear. Find 'SocialPilot' in the list and then click on 'Revoke Access.'
- Go back to SocialPilot -> Manage Accounts -> click on the 'Reconnect' button.
- While connecting, please make sure you accept all the access permissions we ask for.
You'll be all set with your Pinterest account.
Re-authorize your Twitter account
Log into your Twitter account and click here https://twitter.com/settings/connected_apps
On the right-hand side you will find a list of the apps that you have allowed access to:
Once you open the relevant app from the right-hand side, you will get the option to revoke the access:
Once you revoke, please reconnect the account on SocialPilot and your account will be as good as new.