How can I customize posts for LinkedIn?
SocialPilot provides much-needed flexibility for social media marketers and businesses to customize their LinkedIn posts easily. In this article, we will walk you through the various ways to customize your LinkedIn posts and hit your LinkedIn marketing metrics.
Following are the ways you can customize your LinkedIn posts:
- Create a single image post, Album Post
- Tag another LinkedIn account
- Share a video post
- Add a GIF to add humor to your post.
- Use Canva to design graphics
- Add Emojis to express and connect
- Set up the Preferred audience and Restricted audience
- Use Custom fields
- Customized UTM parameters
- Schedule First Comment
Note: This feature is not available for Individual plan users.
Follow these steps to create an advanced LinkedIn post:
In the Post Composer pop-up, select the LinkedIn tab and enter the content of your post in the space provided.
- If you are creating an image post, you can either upload directly from Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, or your local computer images or paste a link in the given space and select the images of your choice.
When you select or upload multiple images for a LinkedIn post, it'll be shared as an Album Post. You can post up to 9 images in a single post at a time.
An album post on LinkedIn will look like this:
To create a video post, click on the Video icon, and upload the file from your computer.
In addition to GIF, SocialPilot also supports adding Emojis to your LinkedIn posts to help you better convey your message.
If you want your post on LinkedIn to be visible only to a specific audience, then you can control it through Audience Targeting on SocialPilot. Click here to learn more about audience targeting.
Note: Audience Targeting will work only for those accounts with more than 300 followers.
You can use Custom fields to add account-specific details to your LinkedIn post. No need to enter the same snippets of details again and again. Just save them as a custom field and add them to a post while scheduling.
You can add Custom UTM Parameters to the links you share with your posts. They make tracking your social media campaigns much easier.
You can Schedule the First Comment for your LinkedIn post to be published for any profile or page. You can add links, tag other LinkedIn pages, or insert hashtags in this comment to increase engagement from the post itself. You can use emojis and custom fields to further customize the post for a specific LinkedIn account. The character limit for the first comment is 20000.
- The first comment for a LinkedIn post can be added only when you switch to the LinkedIn tab from the Original Draft tab while creating a post.
- This first comment will be published only on the LinkedIn profile or page, even if you have selected accounts from other platforms along with LinkedIn to publish the post on.