How do I Schedule TikTok Posts with SocialPilot?
Does SocialPilot provide TikTok Direct Publishing?
Yes, SocialPilot provides TikTok direct publishing to its users. With our platform’s scheduling capabilities, you can schedule your TikToks to publish them directly without any push notifications in between the workflow.
However, the flexible TikTok publishing options on SocialPilot still give you the choice to use mobile reminders to publish your TikToks.
It is very important that you are logged into your TikTok profile and connect it on your SocialPilot dashboard to schedule TikTok posts.
Let's take a quick look at how to connect your TikTok profile with SocialPilot:
Connecting your TikTok Account
- Log into your SocialPilot account.
Click on 'Accounts' -> Connect Account -> TikTok.
Now, authorize SocialPilot with the mandatory access it needs to publish content on TikTok. Make sure that you don't disable any of the mandatory permissions during this step.
How to Schedule TikToks and Publish Directly with SocialPilot?
Go to ‘Create Post’ and select the TikTok tab to create your TikTok post.
- Click on the ‘Video Upload’ icon and select any video you want to schedule from your local drive.
- The length of the TikTok video can range from 3 seconds to 10 minutes
- The video should be in mp4 or .mov format
- The maximum file size should be 512 MB
- Height should be between 360 and 4096 px
- Width should be between 360 and 4096 px
- Frame rate to be between 23 and 60 FPS
- Video codec - H.264, H.265
- Once the video is uploaded,
- Select a thumbnail from the given stills from your video.
- Write a description for your TikTok in the field below. The character limit on the description is 2200 characters.
- Add emojis and hashtags to it as well, if you want.
If you want to tag accounts from the platform, mention the exact username of the user profile.
4. Now select ‘Direct Publishing’ publishing mode. Either way, the toggle is on ‘Direct Publishing’ by default.
- With ‘Direct Publishing,’ you need to specify a few more things before scheduling your video.
Privacy: Under this setting, you have three options that control who will be able to see your TikTok. It is mandatory for you to select any one of them to publish your post.
- Public to everyone: This allows your video to be visible to everyone.
- Mutual follow friends: This allows your video to be visible to your followers whom you follow back.
- Self: This makes your video private, so only you can see it.
Allow Users to: This setting allows you to set boundaries for how other TikTok users can engage with your video. You can check the relevant boxes to set the permissions:
However, if these settings are turned off from your TikTok’s native privacy settings, they will override your video settings. If profile settings are on, you can turn these video settings on or off.
- After making the necessary selections for the type of publishing and custom privacy options, now all you need to do is select the TikTok account of your choice and schedule your TikTok with the advanced scheduling options available on SocialPilot.
Note: You can only schedule a single video for TikTok at one go. Also, you can not schedule the same TikTok on two different profiles at a time.
If you have scheduled your TikTok to be directly published, then you don't need to do anything else after this. But if your video is going to be published through a mobile reminder, there are a few more steps involved.
Let's see how we can publish TikToks with push notifications.
How to Schedule TikToks Using Push Notifications
You can use push notifications to publish your TikToks to make last-minute changes to your video before finally publishing it on the platform.
To publish TikToks using push notifications, make sure you install the SocialPilot app on your mobile phone. This is to ensure that mobile reminders work properly if you choose to publish posts using them. Here are the links you can use to download the SocialPilot app: Android | iOS.
- Please make sure you are logged into your SocialPilot account on your mobile phone (the same account you used to create the post) to receive notifications. You also have to have all the notifications 'on' for the SocialPilot app.
- If you miss the push notification or you have cleared your notification tab by mistake, don't worry. You'll have the post ready in your SocialPilot app. Click on the sidebar and tap on 'Reminders.' You'll find that same push notification post under the 'Scheduled Posts' tab; simply click on the 'Share on TikTok' button to share your post.
The initial steps for creating a TikTok are pretty much the same, despite the mode of publishing. The flow goes like this:
- Create Post > Select TikTok tab > Upload Video > Select Thumbnail > Add Description
After this you have to switch the toggle at the bottom of the description field from Direct Publishing to Mobile Reminder.
- Unlike Direct Publishing, you dont need to specify privacy settings for videos being published with push notifications. As you can see in the above screenshot, those options are disabled.
- Select the TikTok account you want to publish the video on and select the scheduling option you want to go with.
- Now, you'll receive a push notification on your phone at the time you scheduled the post.
When you receive the push notification on your phone, please click on the 'Share' button.
You'll be led to your post in the SocialPilot app. Click on 'Share' to share this post on your TikTok. (And that's why you need to ensure that you are logged into the correct TikTok account beforehand.)
As you click on the 'Share' button, a pop-up window will appear, asking you whether you’ve selected the right account. Click on the 'YES, I AM' option.
Once you do that, the post caption with hashtags will be copied to the clipboard automatically.
Note: The post content is not automatically displayed in the caption area on your TikTok account. So, we copy your post content to the clipboard and then use the paste button to get the content into the caption area.
- Now, you will land on your TikTok account, where you can edit your video with the TikTok image/video editor (as per your preference) and tap on the 'Next' arrow in the bottom-right corner.
Remember, we copied your post description to the clipboard? Tap and hold in the caption text box and select 'Paste' on the pop-up.
- Your post content will be pasted. Click on the 'Post' button to share your scheduled TikTok post.
You have successfully shared your post on TikTok using SocialPilot's TikTok scheduler.
Note: If you miss the push notification or you have cleared your notification tab by mistake, don't worry. You'll have the post ready in your SocialPilot app. Click on the sidebar and tap on 'Reminders.' You'll find that same push notification post under the 'Scheduled Posts' tab; simply click on the 'Share on TikTok' button to share your post.