How can I customize posts for Instagram?
As per Instagram's revised API's and policies, you can now directly publish posts for Instagram Business accounts. (Keep in mind that if you have a Creator Account you have on your Instagram, it'll not work.).
For Personal Instagram accounts, the publishing will require a SocialPilot mobile app in order to push the notifications through. Here is how it works.
With the Instagram Creator account, you will only be able to view the analytics (or download as per your subscription)
Following are the 6 ways you can customize your Instagram posts:
- Create an image post by uploading graphics directly from dropbox, box, or your local computer. You can also add a public URL to upload images.
- Tag another Instagram account to expand your reach.
- Share a video post to build your audience's trust.
- Use Canva to design graphics by yourself and attach it to your post without leaving SocialPilot.
- Add Emojis to express your feelings behind your post and connect with your audience.
- Tag location in your posts to reach out to your audience in that area.
- Schedule a First Comment with your Instagram post.
If you are creating an image post, you can either upload images (using the options as shown in the screenshot below) or just paste a link in the space and select the default images for your choice.
You can also tag other Instagram handles on your post. Just type @ and then the name under which the account exists. It'll act as a tag when the post publishes on your Instagram. Refer to the screenshot below.
Add location to your Instagram posts to reach out to people in your vicinity. This is a great addition for small businesses that want to promote their products/services in their locality.
Along with your Instagram post, you can also schedule your First Comment. This is useful if you want to keep your captions clean and push more information, details, and hashtags to your comments. Add your First Comment in the designated text box.
Keep in mind that Instagram allows you to add only up to 30 hashtags. That counts both your captions and your comment. For more information check out our Instagram First Comment help section.
- Only files with these extensions are allowed: jpg, jpeg, gif, png, mp4, avi, mov.
- The image should have an aspect ratio between 4:5 and 1.91:1 (An aspect ratio describes the ratio between the width and its height.)
- Your video should be of a minimum of 3 seconds and a maximum of 60 seconds for direct publishing on Instagram. If your video doesn't meet this guideline, it'll not let you share through direct publishing. You can schedule those videos through our reminder feature.
- You can share up to 10 images and tag public profiles on all the images.
- GIF will be posted as a static image.
- You'll only be able to share up to 25 posts for an account in 24 hours, using the Direct publishing option to an Instagram Business Account. Natively or through Reminders, the user can post unlimited.