Is it possible to share Instagram Reels from SocialPilot?
After Meta released its Reels API for external users, SocialPilot has now enabled users to post Reels straight from the tool to Instagram. You can schedule your Reels for professional profiles i.e., Business and Creator accounts for direct publishing or through mobile reminders.
For Personal profiles, you can't publish Reels directly but use a mobile reminder to complete the process.
This capability of the tool will provide the users with a smoother workflow for scheduling Reels. The flexibility to publish Reels directly and with mobile reminders is an added pro.
Hence managing a variety of content for multiple Instagram accounts can be done from a single space.
Here are the things you need to take care of before you go to schedule your Reels:
- The length of the Reel can be anything from 3 seconds to 15 minutes.
- The aspect ratio of the Reel should be between 0.01:1 to 10:1.
- Up to 30 hashtags can be added to the Reel.
If any of these conditions are not satisfied, an error message will appear in the scheduler window accordingly. You will not be able to schedule the Reel until all the parameters are met.
How to publish Reels from SocialPilot?
Now let's see the steps to follow for scheduling Instagram Reels from the SocialPilot scheduler:
- Sign into your SocialPilot account.
- Go to “Create Post.”
- Switch your tab from “Original draft” to “Instagram.”
Move the toggle to “Reel.”
- Upload your video file. You can select any suitable video from your local device or upload one from Dropbox, Google Drive or Box cloud storage. A preview of your Reel post will be generated.
- Add your desired caption and hashtags. You can also add the first comment to your Reel if it is going to be published directly.
- To further customize your Instagram Reel, you can
- Upload a custom Reel cover or thumbnail for your Reel.
- Tag public profiles to your Reel if you are publishing it on a professional profile- Business or Creator.
- Give any desired audio title to your Reel audio track.
- Now select the mode of publishing you would prefer for your Reel. There are two choices in the case of business accounts, direct publishing and mobile reminder. For Personal accounts, you have to use mobile reminders.
- Select the required accounts and schedule the Reel with the scheduling option you prefer.
Note: Only one Reel is allowed to be scheduled at a time due to Instagram restrictions.