Editing and rescheduling your posts
If you want to make any edits to the content or publishing dates to the post you have already drafted or scheduled, you can do it either from the ' Manage Posts' tab or from the Calendar. We'll walk you through both routes.
First, let's see how to do it from 'Manage Post.'
When you go to 'Post' > 'Manage Posts,' you will get the list view of all types of posts under separate tabs. These contain
- Queued posts
- Unscheduled posts
- Error posts
- Delivered posts
- Pending Approval posts
To 'Edit' a post
- Find the post you wish to edit and click on the 'Edit' icon as shown below.
- An 'Edit Post' pop-up will appear.
- Here you can make changes to the content of the post, i.e., text and attachments (images, video, GIF).
- After you're done editing, click on the 'Update' button to save your changes.
To 'Copy' or 'Duplicate' posts from one account to another
If you have created and scheduled posts for certain accounts which you want to schedule for other accounts as well, you can do it in two ways using the functions in the Manage Post menu.
To copy a single post:
- Go to 'Queued Posts.'
- You’ll find the Duplicate button when you hover over each queued post.
- Click on the button to edit and reschedule it again to the platform of your choice.
To copy multiple posts at a time:
- From the list of all the scheduled posts, select the ones you want to copy one by one by checking the box on their left side.
- You can select multiple posts at a time. Just click on the 'Select All' checkbox to select all the posts in the queue.
- Click on the 'Copy To' button and select the accounts you want to copy these posts to.
- Note that the copied posts will have the same time schedule as they were set for in the queue.
To 'Reshare' your posts
If you want to share a post that has been published once again, you have to go from the 'Queued Posts' tab to the 'Delivered' tab. This tab contains all the posts which have already been shared in the past 85-90 days.
- Posts > Manage Posts > Delivered Posts.
- Now scroll to the post you want to schedule again.
- When you move your cursor to the post, the 'Reshare Post' button appears below. Click on it.
- Now select the accounts you want to reshare the post on and schedule them as you wish.
If you don't wish to re-share posts individually or immediately, then these features will help you store all the data of your posts:
- Export your posts as a CSV - You can save all of your selected posts under any of the tabs in the form of a CSV and re-schedule them to your social media profiles using our Bulk Scheduling feature.
- Save it as Drafts - To save your published posts as drafts, click on the 'Reshare Post' button and then click on the 'Save as draft' button. The posts will be saved as drafts for you to schedule/share later.
- From the native platform - Go to your social media profile, find the post you wish to re-share and use our Browser Extension to add it to your queue.
As mentioned in the beginning, you can edit and reschedule your posts from the Calendar in SocialPilot. The primary function of the calendar is to get a bird's eye view of your content schedule across all accounts.
To access the Calendar, go to 'Posts' > Calendar.
Filter calendar view according to day/week/month
You can filter your calendar to view scheduled posts for particular accounts. You can also filter your calendar by 'Group' or by adding a keyword.
There are 4 types of Calendar views available. They are:
- List view
- Day-wise view
Select a view by clicking on the corresponding option.
To create new posts from the calendar, all you have to do is click on the date or time slot you want. The post-composer popup will open up. You can easily create and schedule directly from here.
Edit a post from the calendar
Editing a post from the calendar is pretty simple.
1. Just go to the upcoming post and click on it.
2. When the pop-up with the post details appears, just click on the edit icon and edit the content.
3. Lastly, click on 'Update' to make the edits you make ready to publish.
Reorder your queued post using the calendar
Instead of going into each post and editing the details, SocialPilot lets you re-order with just a drag and drop.
Using calendar view, you can easily shuffle your posts by dragging and dropping a post to any date you want to schedule it for.
The calendar view provides you with 4 specified time slots for every hour of the day, on which you can drag and drop your posts. This way, your posts can be rescheduled without you having to specify the new date & time manually.
These granular-time slots are available in the week and day view on the calendar.