How to Use SocialPilot’s AI Assistant?
The challenges that social media marketers face in creating captivating and engaging captions and hashtags for their posts are real. The struggle to find the right words, the pressure to be creative day in and day out, and the never-ending battle with writer's block can be overwhelming.
SocialPilot’s AI Assistant is designed to make your life easier by generating original, compelling, and platform-specific social media captions and hashtags, especially on days when your creative juices aren't flowing. Say goodbye to staring at a blank screen and struggling to create the perfect caption and hashtag – let our AI Assistant do the heavy lifting for you.
Here, we will guide you through the features and functionalities of SocialPilot's AI Assistant, empowering you to harness its full potential.
How to Access SocialPilot’s AI Assistant?
There are two ways to access SocialPilot’s AI Assistant:
From the Navigation Menu
Go to the ‘Posts’ section in the left menu bar and click on ‘AI Assistant.’
From the Post Composer
Click on ‘Create Post’ in the top-right corner to open the Post Composer. Here you will have two options to open the AI Assistant:
- Switch to the ‘AI Assistant’ tab, or
- Click on the sparkle (✨) symbol at the top-right corner of the Post Composer box
Taking every route discussed above will take you to the ‘AI Assistant’ interface, where you can get AI-generated caption ideas.
How to Use SocialPilot’s AI Assistant?
Our AI Assistant can be used in multiple ways. But we have uncovered some of the best use cases and the step-by-step processes most suitable for a social media marketer.
Here’s a rundown of each method:
Generate Multi-Platform Social Media Post Captions
As a social media marketer, you must amplify your presence by creating tailored and attention-grabbing copy for each platform. You can't use the same copy across all platforms. Each platform has a unique tone and specific requirements that must be considered.
Let’s see how you can generate platform-specific captions with SocialPilor’s AI Assistant:
In the ‘AI Assistant’ interface, click on the ‘Template’ drop-down button to access a range of prompt templates tailored to various social media platforms. Select the platform you're looking to post on.
Once you click on a template option, you'll immediately see a prompt in the box below. This prompt has been carefully crafted to meet the specific requirements of the social media platform of choice.
- At the end of the prompt, you'll find a call to action to provide an outline for your post. Simply fill in that section with the relevant post details and ideas.
- Next, click on the ‘Tone’ drop-down menu to access a wide range of available tones, including options like ‘Witty,’ ‘Casual,’ ‘Excited,’ ‘Informative,’ and more. Choose the tone in which you want your caption to be written.
- Next, click on ‘Generate’ and see your single line of ideas converting into a winning social media caption in the right-hand panel.
- Follow the same process to generate more AI-powered outputs and choose any one by ticking the checkbox against that output. Once it is selected, you will get the option to create a post with the caption, save it as a draft, or add it to the Content Library with a single click.
Use AI Assistant for Open-Ended Brainstorming
While the availability of platform-specific templates keeps you focused on creating tailored content for each social media platform, there are moments when you are looking to do some unrestricted and open-ended brainstorming or post-creation.
Here's how you can achieve that with the AI Assistant:
- Start by entering your own prompt based on your specific needs. This time, refrain from selecting a template.
- If needed, you can choose a specific ‘Tone’ from the drop-down menu or opt for ‘None’ if you prefer a neutral tone.
- Click on the ‘Generate’ button to generate AI-powered outputs. Select the aptest output that resonates and is in line with your requirements and save it as a draft or in your Library. Alternatively, if you're ready to schedule your post, click on ‘Create Post.’
Use AI Assistant to Generate Hashtags
Hashtags play a vital role in your social media captions, but identifying perfect ones that align with your post content can be a time-consuming task. Luckily, our AI Assistant comes equipped with a dedicated hashtag generator to simplify the process for you.
You have two options to auto-generate hashtags:
Option 1: When You Have the Topic/Post Outline
- In the AI Assistant, click on the ‘Template’ drop-down button to access a range of prompt templates and select the ‘Hashtags’ option.
- This time, a small prompt will appear asking you to: [[Provide topic/outline of the post here.]]. Apart from giving the outline, you can reduce or increase the number of hashtags you want.
Type in the topic and follow the same steps as above to generate multiple hashtags for your social media posts.
Option 2: When You Have the Social Media Caption Ready
Open the ‘Create Post’ section from the top-right corner and type your post caption in the box.
Click on the Hashtag icon (#) in the toolbar. Switch the tab to ‘Generate Hashtags’ and click on ‘Generate.’
- The AI Assistant will screen your caption and come up with multiple hashtags aligned with your social media post. You can click on ‘Add’ to append the list of hashtags to your caption or instruct the Assistant to ‘Regenerate’ the response.
How AI Assistant Credits Work?
The number of credits you receive is determined by the plan you're subscribed to. Every time you generate a new suggestion, whether it's a caption or hashtag, one credit will be deducted from your account.
Here's a breakdown of the credit allotment for each plan:
|Plan||One Time Credits||Monthly Free Credits|
|Small Team / Studio||100||100|
- Except for the 'Professional' plan, each account on our various plans receives a set number of free monthly credits.
- Each month, your account will be automatically refilled with credits up to the allotted monthly credit limit, depending on your plan. If you have a monthly plan, the refill will occur on the billing date of each month. For instance, if you are subscribed to a Small Team plan with a monthly credit limit of 100, your account will be refilled with 100 credits at the beginning of every billing month.
- On the other hand, if you have a yearly plan, the credits will be refilled on the 1st of every month.
Can I Buy Additional Credits?
Should you require additional credits to meet your specific copywriting needs, you can purchase more credits as an add-on to each plan. Here are two things you need to understand about add-ons credit:
- The add-ons will cost $5 for every 1500 credits
- Regardless of the plan you're on, paid credits can be utilized as long as you have access to a SocialPilot account.
How many Credits do I get in the Trial Period?
Here's a breakdown of the credits you will receive during the trial period for each plan, as well as the credit upgrade you'll receive upon upgrading to a paid subscription:
|Plan||During Trial||On Upgrading|
|Professionals||25||50 (for the first month)|
|Small Team/Studio||25||100 (every month)|
|Agency/Agency+||25||200 (every month)|