How do I connect an account in SocialPilot?
To get started with SocialPilot, you will need to connect at least one social media account.
You can connect multiple accounts with SocialPilot. The number of accounts you can connect depends on the plan you have chosen.
IN THIS ARTICLE
How do I connect my Page/Group?
SocialPilot allows you to connect Pages and Groups if you are an admin of those Pages/Groups or have admin access for them.
For example, let's connect a Facebook page:
- Log into the SocialPilot panel.
- Click on 'Accounts' -> Connect Account from the sidebar menu.
Navigate to 'Connect a Social Network' -> click on 'Connect Page', in the Facebook menu.
You will now have to go through the Facebook authentication process. Enter Password and click on 'Continue'.
Remember to accept all permission alerts prompted by Facebook, as we require complete access to publish content on your Pages.
Once the authentication is complete, we will list all the pages which have you as an admin. Select the Page you want to connect with SocialPilot and click on 'Save and Setup Schedules'.
Now, set a default schedule or that Page so that all your posts get queued according to the schedule. Add time slots and click on 'Set this Schedule' button.
Note: These steps will apply when you're connecting any Group, except Facebook Groups. When connecting a Facebook Group, you will be required to authorise it with SocialPilot.
Know how to authorise your Facebook Groups with SocialPilot.
How do I connect my Google My Business (GMB) account?
- Log into your SocialPilot account.
- Click on Accounts -> Connect Account from the sidebar menu.
- Navigate to 'Connect a Social Network' -> Connect Location, under Google My Business.
- If you have connected a Google+ account with SocialPilot, this dropdown will automatically reflect your associated Google My Business groups.
Note: Here 'groups' refer to the groups of locations you created when creating your Google My Business account. Locations that aren't a part of any group will appear in 'Ungroup location'.
To learn more, go through this help document.
- If not, you can click “connect new location”.
- When you click “connect new location”, you'll be asked to log into your Google account. Enter your credentials, select the location you wish to connect with SocialPilot.
When you select a Google My Business group, you'll see all the locations you've added to that group. Select the site location by clicking on the corresponding box.
You can select all the locations of the group by clicking on the 'Select All' box.
You can between groups and select multiple locations. The total number of locations you select will be reflected in the box as shown below.
- After you're done selecting locations, click 'Save and Setup Schedule'.
Now, set a default schedule for each location so that all your posts get queued according to the schedule. Add time slots and click 'Set this Schedule' button.
Your Google My Business pages for each location are now connected with SocialPilot.
Note: If you see a 'lock' icon with your locations, hover the mouse on the lock icon, and you'll find one of the following messages:
1) Verification Pending
You can connect a Google My Business location with SocialPilot only after you have verified it. To learn more, go through this help document.
2) Local Post API is disabled for this location.
This error is due to a limitation added in the Google My Business API where a business or brand with over 10 locations cannot use the post feature through the 3rd party tool like SocialPilot.
This also means that SocialPilot cannot fetch any post data from GMB. There's nothing we can do as the limitation is from the API itself. To learn more go through the Google FAQs section.