How do I create a CSV file for bulk scheduling?
To schedule posts in bulk, you'll need to create a CSV file.
Follow these steps to create a CSV file:
Note: You can download a sample CSV here.
- First Column: Type your post content/description within double inverted commas ("XYZ") to go along with the post URL.
- Second Column: Add URL of the image if you want to share content as an image-type post. Ensure you add an image URL and not a web page URL. If you don't want it to be an image post, leave it blank.
- Third Column: Enter a date and time you want to schedule the post for. If you want to schedule the posts according to the time slots you have already set, leave it blank. The date must be added to the YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM format.
- If the file is created in excel, make sure that you open it in notepad/text edit so that every post is added in a new line URL.
- Save the file in UTF8 format in notepad. And your CSV file is ready!
- If you are creating a CSV on your text editor or Notepad, use a comma (,) to separate the fields and also ensure that your post description is in double inverted commas ( ).
Note: If the images you want to add are saved on your computer, you'll need to create a public link for these images by uploading them to your Dropbox. You must use Public URLs for images during bulk scheduling.