How do I add members to my team?
SocialPilot's 'Team' feature is available for its ‘Professional’, 'Small Team' and ‘Agency’ plan users.
If you are creating a team, your role would be of an 'Account Owner' or 'Admin'. You will have the authority to add team members and assign them roles of 'Admin', 'Manager' and 'Content Scheduler'.
- As an 'Account Owner', you can invite your team members to join a team. Just add the names and email addresses of those team members, select the accounts (which they'll have access to) and access level (either ‘Manager’ or ‘Content Scheduler').
- If you wish to give the entire responsibility of handling the team (including managers and content schedulers) to someone, you can make them the team's 'Admin'. The Admin of your team will be able to control all members' access and activities (except your SocialPilot account's membership and billing).
- Like you, a Manager can add updates to your SocialPilot account. He/She has the authority to approve, edit and delete posts contributed by the Content Scheduler. He/She can also make changes to the posting schedule. A manager can also connect/remove the social media accounts to your team account (In case they have Connect Account access given).
- On the other hand, Content Scheduler has limited access. He/She can create, edit and delete his/her posts but these posts won't be added to the queue. They'll be added under a different category called 'Contributed Posts'. If Admin/Manager approves these posts, only then will they be added to the queue.
Note: You can add up to 10 team members (depending on your plan).
The 'Team' feature helps you maintain an approval system. Moreover, you can coordinate with colleagues better without granting complete access to everyone.
How to invite a team member?
- Log into the SocialPilot panel.
- Click on 'Team and Client' & Add Team member, from the left sidebar menu.
- You'll see the ' Add Team Member' page.
- Fill in the fields: Name & Team Email.
- If you wish to make this member your team's Admin, then select the box shown below:
If you want this member to be able to add RSS Feeds and connect social accounts as well as Can Boost Post, check the boxes shown below:
- Select the accounts you want the team member to have access to.
Select the role -
Content Scheduler or Manager - from the dropdown.
- If you want this member to have access to Social Inbox and analytics reports of that account, check the corresponding boxes as shown above.
- Click on the ' Submit' button
Note: A Content Scheduler can only add and edit posts in 'Contributed Posts'. The Admin/Manager has to approve the posts in order to schedule or share them from a social account.
How can my team member get started with his/her account?
- After you're done with the steps for inviting a team member, the member will receive a mail.
- He/She needs to click the link to sign in.
- He/She will be asked to set a password for his/her account.
After confirming the password, he/she can view the Team Panel in the user profile.
- He/She can select the team and view the accounts he/she has been provided access to.
Click here to know more about how your team members can create posts.
Click here to know more about how your team members can manage approvals for posts.