How do I add members to my team?
SocialPilot's 'Team' feature is available for its Professional, Small Team, Studio, and Agency plan users.
If you are creating a team, your role would be of an 'Account Owner' or 'Admin'. You will have the authority to add team members and assign them roles of 'Admin', 'Manager', and 'Content Scheduler'.
- As an 'Account Owner', you can invite your team members to join a team. Just add the names and email addresses of those team members, select the accounts (which they'll be allowed access to).
- If you wish to give the entire responsibility of handling the team (including managers and content schedulers) to someone, you can make them the team's 'Admin'. The Admin of your team will be able to control all members' access and activities (except your SocialPilot account's membership and billing).
- Like you, a Manager can add updates to your SocialPilot account. He/She has the authority to approve, edit and delete posts contributed by the Content Scheduler. He/She can also make changes to the posting schedule. A manager can also connect/remove the social media accounts to your team account (In case they have Connect Account access given).
- On the other hand, Content Scheduler has limited access. He/She can create, edit and delete his/her posts but these posts won't be added to the queue. They'll be added under a different category called 'Pending Approval'. If an Admin/Manager approves these posts, only then will they be added to the queue.
Note: You can add up to 10 team members (depending on your plan).
The 'Team' feature helps you maintain an approval system. Moreover, you can coordinate with colleagues better without granting complete access to everyone.
How to invite a team member?
- Log into the SocialPilot panel.
- Click on 'Team and Client' & Add Team member, from the left sidebar menu.
- You'll see the ' Add Team Member' page.
- Fill in the fields: Name & Team member's Email.
- You can choose before-hand, if you want your team member to be an Admin, Manager or a content Scheduler from the radio button:
If you want this member to be able to add RSS Feeds, Connect Social Accounts as well as Boost Post, check the boxes. You can also set permission to View Analytics and Manage the Social Inbox as well.
- You can choose the accounts you want to grant access to your team member, so the role will be alligned to the accounts you allow your team member to handle.
- Click on the ' Save' button and you are all set to go
Note: A Content Scheduler can only add and edit posts in 'Contributed Posts'. The Admin/Manager has to approve the posts in order to schedule or share them from a social account.
As a content scheduler, the team member will not have the rights to boost the post and manage the ads account. Only Manager and above roles will have the capability to boost post and manage ads account.
How can my team member get started with his/her account?
- After you're done with the steps for inviting a team member, the member will receive an email.
- He/She needs to click on the invitation link to create a password.
- After confirming the password, he/she can view the Panel in the user profile:
- He/She can view the accounts where the access is given.
Click here to know more about how your team members can create posts.
Click here to know more about how your team members can manage approvals for posts.