How do I add members to my team?
SocialPilot's ' Team & Client' feature is available for its Professional, Studio, and Agency plan users. This feature enables users to seamlessly collaborate with others and work perfectly as a team to achieve all their social media goals. They can invite team members as well as clients to join their team.
In order to invite others and create a team, your access role needs to be either 'Account Owner' or 'Admin'. You will have the ability to add members and assign them roles of 'Admin,' 'Manager,' and 'Content Scheduler,' and 'Client.'
- As an 'Account Owner,' you can invite your team members to join a team. Just add the email addresses of those users, select the accounts they need access to and assign them the roles you want.
- If you wish to give the entire responsibility of handling the team (including managers and content schedulers) to someone, you can make them the team's 'Admin'. The Admin of your team will be able to control all members' access and activities (except your SocialPilot account's membership and billing).
- Like an Admin or an Account Owner, a Manager can add updates to your SocialPilot account. They have the authority to create, edit, approve, boost & comment on posts and connect new accounts.They can also make changes to the posting schedule and connect or remove the social media accounts from your team account (if the Connect Account access is given).
- The Content Scheduler has limited access. They can create, edit and delete posts but these posts won't be added to the queue. They'll be added under a different category called 'Pending Approval'. Only if an Admin or Manager approves these posts, will they be added to the queue.
- The Client in a team can view & comment on posts and connect new accounts. The ability to publish posts, access analytics and social inbox is restricted for them and permission-based.
Here is an at a glance map of permission to features in SocialPilot for every role available:
The places where "Optional" is visible, the access is permission based. That means whoever has invited the member can give selective access to that member to these features.
Note: By default, you can add up to 6 team members (depending on your plan). To increase this limit, you can customize your plan with add-ons that allow you to add extra users. You will be required to pay $5/ month for each member you add to your existing plan.
The 'Team' feature helps you maintain an approval system. Moreover, you can coordinate with colleagues better without granting complete access to everyone.
How to invite a team member or a client?
SocialPilot lets you invite multiple people into your team, be it members or clients. You can send an invite up to 10 people at a time.
Here is the flow :
1. Log into the SocialPilot panel.
2. Click on 'Team and Client' > 'Add Team Members and Client' from the left sidebar menu.
3. You'll see the 'Invite Team Members or Clients' popup.
4. Fill in the email id of the person you want to invite. You can send an invite up to 10 people at a time.
5. You can choose the role for your team member as Admin, Manager, Content Scheduler, or Client.
Remember, all the people you are inviting at a time will get the same role you select. You can change these roles later from 'Manage Team Members and Clients.'
6. Under each role, there are optional permissions mentioned. When creating the invite, you can give these members access to the features mentioned under their roles. You can check the table given above to see the optional permissions for each role. Check the corresponding boxes to grant these permissions.
7. You can choose the accounts you want to grant access to your team member or client, so the role will align with the accounts you allow your team member to handle.
8. Click on the ' Send Invite' button, and you have successfully invited members to your team.
How do I know when someone has accepted my invitation and joined my team?
You can manage and see all your team members in the 'Manage Team Members and Client' under the Team and Client section in the left menu bar.
The status of each member or potential member you have sent an invite to can be seen under the 'Status' column. The ones who are active members in your team will have a green-colored 'Joined' status.
The ones who are yet to accept your invitation will have 'Pending' status. You can resend them the invite email again in case they have not received it the first time.
If you have invited more users that your existing-plan allows, the extra users will be locked out of your team and show a 'Locked' status.
Using the Client Invite Link to Invite
You can use a multi-use link to invite multiple members to your account. Whoever use this link will join your team with an 'VIew Post' access only.
1. Go to the top of the Manage Team and Client dashboard and click on the 'Client Invite Link.'
2. Send this link to your clients, ask them to open it in the browser, and sign up.
Now, your client can begin connecting their social accounts and monitoring posts. You can use one link to invite multiple clients.
How can my team members or Clients get started with their accounts?
1. After you're done with the steps for inviting a team member, the member will receive an email.
- 2. They need to click on the invitation link to create a password.
- 3. After confirming the password, they can view the Panel in the user profile:
4. They can view the accounts where access is given. They can even create posts if they have access to it.
How can team members create a post?
The process of creating a post is more or less the same for every team member. But the matter of approval depends on the creator's role. A post created by a manager or admin or owner can be directly added to the queued posts without the requirement of any approval.
But a post made by a content scheduler goes into the 'Pending Review' queue. It needs to be approved by the manager, admin or owner to be published.