First Comment On Instagram
With SocialPilot, you now have the ability to add the First Comment while creating your posts, specifically for Instagram Business accounts.
IN THIS ARTICLE
- Why use the First Comment?
- Where to find the First Comment?
- What do I need to take care of while using Instagram's First Comment?
- Is this for both Personal and Business accounts?
- Is it available on the mobile app?
- Is there a Hashtag counter to check the number of hashtags used?
- Why cannot I see my First Comment enabled?
- My posts are delivered but my First Comment is not
Why use the First Comment?
Where to find the First Comment?
- Under the "Original" tab and
- Under the "Instagram" tab
What do I need to take care of while using Instagram's First Comment?
- The total allowed characters in the first comment are 2200.
- The first comment and the caption should not be the same.
- Due to Instagram restrictions, you will be allowed to use a combined total of 30 hashtags in the post caption and first comment. So if you’ve already added 15 hashtags to your post caption, you can add 15 more to your first comment. The account selection will be disabled if the count of hashtags increases beyond the allowed 30.
- Once you add your text/hashtags in the first comment, ensure to click on the "Save" button to save your content there while adding the First Comment from under the "Original" tab.
- Always consider Instagram’s community guidelines when using hashtags. If your first comment contains hashtags that don’t follow Instagram’s guidelines, your first comment won’t be published.
Is this for both Personal and Business accounts?
- The first comment is only for the business accounts of Instagram.
- The first comment is only available with direct publishing.
Is it available on the mobile app?
Sadly, not yet. Only available on the web version.
Is there a Hashtag counter to check the number of hashtags used?
Yes. SocialPilot offers that feature in both the " Original" tab and the "Instagram" tab.
Under the " Original" tab, you will only get the know the hashtags used in the create post field. In order to calculate the remaining ones, you need to switch to the "Instagram" tab.
From under the Instagram tab, you will be able to see the count of hashtags used in First Comment as well.
Please note: The other number displayed before the count of hashtags is related to the character count in Twitter, as Twitter allows only 280 characters as a limit. Hence, do not confuse it with anything else.
Why cannot I see my First Comment enabled?
You will be able to see the First Comment on those Instagram Business accounts that are connected with the Facebook profile which you re-authorize afresh.
For those profiles, where you have not allowed permissions, you will be prompted through the manage accounts, from the queued posts (where you will find information stating that the first comment will not be published), and from the delivered section (where you will find information stating that the first comment was not be published as the permissions were not granted)
Do not worry, you do not have to re-authorize every time, this is just a one-time setup.
NOTE: The Legacy plans and the Individual Plan users will not be able to utilize this feature for now. In case if you intend to use this feature, we request you to please upgrade to the Professional and or above plans.
My posts are delivered but my First Comment is not
The possible reasons for your post being delivered without the first comment are as under:
- Community guidelines not met
- Have not re-authorized the profile yet, granting SocialPilot the access to manage comments on your Instagram account